Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bula America

Well, I'm home. The whole leaving Fiji and returning to America thing was much more anticlimactic than expected. I enjoyed a warm shower this morning and real milk. I'm very tired and every time I close my eyes, I think I'm in Fiji. Maybe wishing?
America is fantastic, it's great. But Fiji also had some real goodness too. I will miss so much about it. So far I have missed the people, saying bula, tilo and moce; being driven everywhere at a very cheap price and everyone wanting to talk about Fiji all the time. I feel like I went on a mini mission and I want to tell everyone all about it but instead they ask "How was Fiji? Hot? Cool" and end the conversation. Come on! Don't you want to know about how I murdered a mouse? Or James walked around in just a towel, covering his nipples? Wouldn't you like for me to fill you in on the cultural differences between here and there and how the people are? Isn't it interesting that I had bed bugs and we had to climb trees to watch the hotties playing rugby?
No? Okay, yes, Fiji was very hot and I loved every minute.
Next subject.
Sad.

I guess I'll be posting pictures soon, since I should have been doing that um, every week for the last three months.

Moce!

-etta

2 comments:

  1. Um YES! But I think someone might have shot me if I tried that today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you mean by "real milk"....???

    ReplyDelete