Thursday, July 29, 2010

mt victoria

I know that my last blog post stated that I was going to go to the beach. Well, I didn't. Instead, I decided to climb the highest mountain in Fiji. Wow. It's such a climb! And of course there were Fijian children doing it barefoot! Seriously, these people are so strong. It's almost ridiculous.

And. I was about to get into the shower the other night and went into my room to get something for it. So, I'm in my towel and I sit down on my bedroom floor and pull my suitcase out from under the bed (yes, I live out of a suitcase.). I open the flap and see that something moves inside. I jump up and run around the house, gathering the warriors that were about to battle the mouse in my suitcase. They come together with their respective weapons of two fly swatters and a broom and are ready for war. We pull the suitcase into the middle room of the house and the girls stand behind mattress pads in doorways to keep the little bugger from escaping. The boys flip open the suitcase lid? and after some broomstick prodding, the tiny guy jumps out and starts running. I'm positive that he was aware that he was nearing the end of his life. To all mice out there: the minute you show your little furry face in my suitcase is INDEED the last day you will live.

So baby Stuart is running around the room and the men are swatting at him, missing. The girls are all screaming and barely holding up our only duty of hanging onto the mattress pads as borders. In an act of complete defense as the mouse was coming directly at him, James took a swing. and hit. The fly swatter ended the life of the mini rodent. He was smaller than the palm of my hand. That is three dead mice killed by our men. Two at James' hand.

I'm currently at Bron's house. She's pretty awesome and she has internet. It's such a weird thing for me to be sitting on a couch playing on the internet. Too bad the timing is really sucky for all Americans and no one is online. Oh, Bron is an Australian here that does some volunteer work but mostly just hangs out with us and teaches us how Australians say aluminum, advertisement and skeletal. And that they call making out pashing (I'm bringing that to America). She just asked me to mention vegemite which is some disgusting spread that is her country's pride and she made me eat it on toast. It was interesting...and not in the best of ways.

Lastly, I got a package today. It caused me to do a dance in the house. American candy, CONTACTS, a country version of People magazine. Roonie, thanks thanks thanks!

And brother said I can play with his computer while he's on his mission. Brother, thanks thanks thanks!

Fiji is good. Only a few more weeks? I better get to work :)

1 comment:

  1. Feather, I want to make sure I was clear. You can have my laptop, yes. I would like some money for it too (your blog makes it sound like I'm giving it to you free). I paid Over $1300 for everything that went into it. Like I said I would like you to pay what you think is fair. I said 800-900 dollars, if you think that is fair. Saves you $500 bones. But I also said I didn't need the money until I get home.

    Sounds fair right? You can keep the laptop and the money for 2 years, but when I get home I will need a job and money, both of which you have.

    :D Just wanted to make sure you understood me right, don't wanna GIVE away a $1300 laptop for free! thats almost 200 hours of work! lol

    Love,
    Little Brudder.

    ReplyDelete