Monday, May 10, 2010

Let's do this.


 Hello family and friends!
First of all, thanks so so much to those who have donated!!! I will compile a list and put it on tomorrow. If you want to be on that list (and help me not to clean out my bank account to go volunteer out of the country), feel free to donate! Just go to the website and click on "Donate" and put my name in the subject line. Easy peasy.

 I will be keeping this blog updated on my journey to the South Pacific, so be sure to check often!
My little sister Makenzie will no longer be able to make it which is very sad. Upon this revelation, knowing that I would be going to this strange place by myself and not having the funds to do so, I had a small but certain breakdown today. However, I want to do this. I'm going to do this.

As soon as I know how much money I have raised and what more I need, I'll post. So, keep checking! Also, when I get to the beautiful islands of Fiji, I will be posting pictures. So you can live vicariously through me. :)

What exactly am I going for, you ask? Good question...

"In 2010, our teams will return to Fiji for the second year, to live in a rural village and initiate development projects. There is a high level of poverty in Fiji which has become more desperate after recent natural disasters. Potential projects include: disaster relief, organic gardens, food drying, orphanages, business mentoring, microcredit, public health, HIV/AIDS awareness, and construction."

Soon I will have pictures that I took and not just looked up from Google images. So soon yet not soon enough.

3 comments:

  1. So jealous. Wish I could go! No worries though - I'll be killing it in Boise ID at the waterpark! Bet you wish you were going!

    ReplyDelete