Friday, May 14, 2010

Mr. Duplain


My friend Devon Duplain served his mission in Fiji. We went out to dinner tonight to discuss the details/traditions/foods/etc. of Fiji.
Here are some things I learned:
Never touch their heads.
Always take your shoes off when entering a house.
Don't be loud; they are a quiet people.
And, the CRAZIEST one (though the touching of heads I thought was oddly interesting) is that you should not compliment people on things. Devon told me that one of two things will happen when you do that: they will either just give you the item or want to trade. He said that he lost so many shirts on his mission by telling someone he liked their shirt. The Fijian people are apparently in the culture of believing that all things are communal. I may or may not be a very territorial person so this might be a struggle for me.

25 days and praying that the funds will come in.

The missionaries are doing...missionary work?
ps. 14.8%

No comments:

Post a Comment